About the Course
a Master of Engineering or Master of Technology or Master of Science in Technology or Master of Science in Engineering degree is a postgraduate program in engineering or technology field. This is generally a 2-year (2.5 years for M.Sc.Eng.) specialization program in a specific branch of engineering or a technical field. Students typically enter the M.Eng./M.Tech./M.Sc.Eng. /M.Sc.Tech. programs after completing a 4-year undergraduate program in engineering resulting in the award of a Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Technology degree, or a 5-year program in Science or Applied Sciences resulting in the award of a Master of Science degree.
The M.Eng./M.Tech./M.Sc.Eng./M.Sc.Tech. programs in India are usually structured as an Engineering Research degree, lesser than Ph.D. and considered to be parallel to M.Phil. and M.Sc. degrees in Humanities and Science respectively. M.Eng. and M.Sc.Eng. programs in India were started by some well known institutions. with the aim of producing Research Engineers who can also get the position of "Technologist" in the Industries and Research Institutes. In electrical engineering, for example, areas of specialization might include: power systems, energy engineering, electrical machines, instrumentation and control, high voltage or power electronics, telecommunications, communication networks, signal processing, microelectronics.
Eligibility for Admission
- First class or 60% marks (55% for SC/ST) in:
- B.Tech./B.E. in Biomedical, Chemical, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunications, Instrumentation, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Metallurgy and Materials Science. OR
- M.Sc. or equivalent in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Biotechnology, Ceramics, Chemistry, Electronics, Ergonomics, Materials Science, Mathematics, Molecular Biology, Physics and Physiology. OR
- M.B.B.S. OR
- M. Pharm. OR
- B.Pharm., B.Ds, BVSc degree (duration 4 years and more)
Applicants desiring Institute financial support should have cleared GATE (for engineering and science graduates) or AIIMS/MCI/JIPMER/PGI-Chandigarh/AFMC-Pune, DNB Part I national level medical post graduate entrance examinations or GATE Life Sciences for Medical and Biological Sciences. Eligibility / rank certificates are required for all such entrance examinations. All India level pre-MDS/ MVSc selection examination for BVSc, BDS & B.Pharm candidates.
Written Test and Interview
Prospective candidates called for the interview will be required appear in a written test in the morning of the first day of the interview. The written examination, of 1 hours duration, will be conducted. The details are as follows:
- For Candidates with a Medical / Pharmacy / Life Sciences background: Mathematics Test.
- For Candidates with an Engineering / Physical Sciences background: Physiology Test.
- For Candidates with Biomedical Engineering / B.Tech Biotech background: Mixed (Mathematics + Human Physiology) Test.
- The syllabi for the tests will be in accordance with the 12th standard syllabi of CBSE.
- Pattern of Test: Objective type as well as descriptive type questions may be asked.
government sectors as most of the Govt sectors, Advanced Technological(ISRO) etc, ask for MTech graduates, since they feel these people are more resourceful So you can always get placed in a better industry
Some of the government agencies
There are a number of opportunities after M.Tech from a good institute. You can get into any software company where you would be easily able to get a good position like