About the Course
In order to pursue BBA the student must have passed Higher Secondary or equivalent education with a minimum of 40 per cent in the qualifying exam and English should be one of the subjects.
Scope of BBA
A BBA gets you entry-level positions in many corporations and factories. You would do lot of backend work, and provide support services to your seniors. Exceptional candidates could expect to do some customer interface, though it is very rare. Also invariably, you would hit the glass ceiling very fast, and would require an MBA to move up the ladder.
Since the degree will equip a student of BBA with the basic knowledge about corporate management and skills it will help them understand the diverse functioning of a company. BBA graduates can look for jobs in sales and marketing department of companies as members of sales teams or as management trainees.
After completing a BBA, students should consider broadening their horizon in order to qualify for top executive positions and promotions. A Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a graduate-level degree that is often desired by employers for positions such as CEO or COO. Doctoral programs are also available in business administration, which can prepare business professionals for work as consultants, executives or university professors.
Colleges offering BBA in India:_
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- Barkatullah University, Bhopal
- University Of Lucknow, Lucknow
- BharatiVidyapeeth Institute of Management and Research, Pune
- Bundelkhand University, Jhansi
- Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
- Loyola College, Chennai
- ICFAI University, Dehradun
- SDM Institute of Management Development, Mysore
- St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata
- Himalayan Institute of Technology and Management, Lucknow
- NetajiSubhash Institute of Management Sciences, Delhi
- Institute of Advance Management and Technology, Meerut
- School of Management Sciences, Varanasi
- St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- The MSHM School of Management, Kolkata
- DAV College, Chandigarh
- H. R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
- ISBR Business School, Chennai
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communications, Pune
- B.P. Poddar Institute of Management & Technology, Kolkata
- St. Andrews College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai
- Amity Global Business School, Mohali
- Amity Global Business School, Kolkata
- Amity Global Business School, Bangalore
- Amity Global Business School, Ahmedabad
- Amity Global Business School, Noida
- Institute of Business Management and Research (IBMR), Kolkata
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
Jobs in Government Sector after BBA:-
In the Government sector the candidates must check the notifications for job opportunities regularly. They must visit portals for the same too. They have the option to apply for the jobs as per their interest. Some of the jobs preferred include the banking jobs. The nationalized banks are in need to candidates of this profile as they can use them for multitasking. Also another option available is that Civil Service stream. Also they have the option to appear for state level exams like PSC or the railways test etc.