About the Course
Most Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) programs teach students about architectural theory, history and practice. These 5-year programs can help prepare individuals to qualify for licensure. This type of program is one of three professional architecture programs accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB), the only architecture program-accrediting agency in the United States. The fifth year of the curriculum involves professional practice, allowing students to get hands-on experience in the field and to put their skills into action.
Advantages or Benefits of B. Arch:-
- Architecture is a profession for the people who have talents in artistic and aesthetic.
- There is always a demand for good architects so as to utilize the entire construction space in building projects.
- In the present scenario, architects are essential to plan and carry out building projects and to find solution for the problems related to this field.
- Building projects and real estate is one of the largest sectors of investment in our economy; hence the profession is also getting recognitions and further career opportunities.
Eligibility Criteria for B. Arch.
The minimum qualification required for applying in a B. Arch course is plus two with 55% in the board examination. The students should study Mathematic with Physics and Chemistry in their 10+2. To get admission for the B. Arch program, the aspirants are required to take the Entrance examination conducted by the respective institutes. The students are allotted to different colleges based on their entrance exam scores.
Admission Procedure for B. Arch.
The B. Arch aspirants can apply for various entrance tests conducted by respective institutes and various universities in the nation. Mainly the national level exams are common for the engineering as well as the B. Arch aspirants. The students will be given an option to choose their priorities. The private institution also carries out their own entrance tests and one of the most important things for the B. Arch aspirates is that most of the institution considers NATA exam score along with the aptitude test conducted by the individual institutes.
B. Arch Entrance exams in India
Some of the prominent entrance tests for the B. Arch course are,
- AMU Entrance Exam
- UPTU SEE Exam
B. Arch Specializations:-
The specialization areas of the Bachelor of Architecture includes the following,
- Green Architecture.
- Landscape Architecture.
- Museum Architecture.
- Naval Architecture.
- Theatre Architecture.
Job and Career options for B.Arch.
Since our county is in the developing phase more and more residential and non-residential constructions are needed every year.
- Architecture and Building Development Firms.
- Department of Post and Telegraph.
- Department of Railways.
- Housing and Urban Development Corporations.
- National Building Organization.
- National Institutes of Urban Affairs.
- Private Construction Organizations.
- Public Works Department (PWD).
- Town and Country Planning Organization.
- Architectural Technician.
- Architectural Theoretician.
- Architectural Conservator.
- Architectural Engineer.
- Architectural Technologist.
- Architecture Critic.
- Architecture Photographer.
- Building Control Officer.
- Building Inspector.
Remuneration after B. Arch
Due to the higher demand and lower supply of the professional architects, the remuneration part is highly attractive in this industry. The salary package of an Architect depends on the size of the firm, the project he/she handling, Clint and also the experience in the field